Thursday, February 5, 2015

Fear!

I get scared! Yep big old tough Mr Mullan gets scared. Recently it has been while face down in a lake knowing I have 2kms to go or if my achilles tendon will snap before I finish my adventure.But these fears are irrational! We must concentrate on what we can control. I see all the new students arriving at school or attending new classrooms and fear is obvious. Will my teacher know I cant do some things well or will I make friends. Will mum or dad remember to pick me up at the end of the day??? These a biggies for some. Think about the parts of these things that you yourself can control. Having control in your own mind will help ease all your fears.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Rangiora, Canterbury, New Zealand
I have been Principal of Ashley School since 2002 and I am still learning my job.I am married with 3 children. I have a love of educating children to the best of their potential. I enjoy Rowan Atkinson, Ricky Gervais, cycling and all other sports.